Monday, October 7, 2013

It's Unbelievable!




Hi everyone. What’s cooking?

I feel funny right now... but that’s normal right?

This week was a good one, as always right?? Not to mention that we listened to the living prophet and apostles.... But I realized something while I was taking notes.... I CANT SPELL ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it’s so hard for me. Plus when I speak English my head starts to hurt. I hate it. I just need someone to translate for me. I love Spanish. There is nothing better. I’m so blessed to be able to speak 2 languages. so cool.

Well conference was just a blast. I got to watch it in my native tongue too. I loved every second of it…every single talk. I don’t have my notes here with me, so I don’t remember much (sometimes my thinker doesn’t work). 

This week we also had the monthly leadership council. It was also good. They talked a lot about the Spirit and how to use it in our work. I felt weird cause I’m going home.... but it was still good. I can use it in the life after too.

Wanna know something great about Mauro and Florencia??? Well..... THEY ARE GETTING BAPTIZED ON FRIDAY!!!! I’m so stoked. The sisters in the ward also have a family that is getting baptized on Friday so it will just be a super awesome party. I’m so happy!!! Plus this week Mauro called us and told us to come to his house, that he had a present for us. We got there and they had bought us 2 really nice big umbrellas. Holy smokes it was the best present anyone has ever given me. My heart just might explode for how much love it has in it.

My companion and I have been talking a lot about how the ward and people have changed since we got there. It used to be a ward where no one said hi to each other, no one really liked the missionaries, and they didn’t really work with them. Now they call us every few days to make sure we have enough food, we had an awesome ward council where everyone offered to go work with us. They are just so excited and I love it. The bishop is just stoked beyond belief. 

This week we also helped a lady clean her yard up. We chopped a ton of weeds with machetes. It was super fun. Remember the family that we reactivated?? Well they are in the picture that I’m sending. They invited us to eat dinner and we just ate and ate and ate and ate and ate. I love eggs, beans, platanos fritos, tortillas, and horchata. There is nothing better than that. I’m going to miss it so so so much!!!!

Well... My mind is literally full of a bunch of stuff. I can’t really keep my thoughts straight. I keep thinking of something I wanna write, but then I forget all about it. soo... sorry. haha

Everytime conference rolls around I feel such a sweet spirit telling me that Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet of God, that I’m a member of the true church of God in these latter-days. All the people outside don’t even realize that a prophet of God spoke to the world yesterday; it’s our job to let them know. I know the church is true without a doubt.

I love you all so much. I hope you have the best week of your life, I hope you are safe, and I hope you go to church and read your scriptures and pray. There is nothing more important than following God. I love you!!!!!!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment