Monday, October 14, 2013

Last Mission Letter... I Want to be Guatemalan Forever!

Well... I guess the time has come.. am I right? Feels funny and I´m depressey. I have been thinking a lot lately about... just everything!!!! My head is just so so full of spaghetti. hahaha I literally don´t know what to say right now..

This week was an extremely good week!!! First off... Mauro and Florencia got BAPTIZED!!!!!! Oh man it was so awesome. And the sisters of our ward baptized another family. Just like a sister said here, I finished my mission with a golden broach. It was just a special baptism. A ton of people showed up and we even sang a special number. I sang... weird... But it was really good and Mauro and Florencia invited a ton of their family members. It was just really special and we saw how the ward supports and loves us. They bought cakes, they helped set up tables, and they shared messages, they basically did everything, and that´s a rare thing in baptisms! It was just a super special day. I loved it! 

We also had interviews this week. We were in the church from 8:30 in the morning till 5:00 in the afternoon and my interview was literally a minute long. He basically just said that we would not have an interview since I have an interview on Wednesday before I go!

We are just so happy with the way the ward has changed and all the blessings and miracles we have seen and recieved. I´m so happy because now Pedregal is a better place than when I came. It´s stronger, there is a stronger spirit, the people trust and love the missionaries more, and it´s just an all around better place. I love it.

Yesterday in church was testimony meeting. I shared a little testimony, but during the whole meeting I basically just sat there and cried. Remember Cesar that had 9 years to not go to church and we reactivated him?? Well he blessed his granddaughter AND he was called as the ward mission leader of the ward AND his daughter got 2 callings AND his son blessed the sacrament AND that same son started his mission papers. They are so happy to be back, and tonight they invited us to eat dinner with them. We are going to get fat!

I honestly don´t know much else to write. I just feel kinda weird. I haven´t been sleeping that great, I haven´t been eating that great, and I dunno.. I just feel funny.

I´ve been thinking of all the things I´ve learned and I´m so grateful for the opportunity that I had to be a part of God´s Army. I have been a representative of Jesus Christ for 2 years. I´ve seen many things, learned many things, and lived many experiences. 2 years ago I didn´t know a lick of Spanish, I didn´t know how Guatemala would be. I wasn´t sure what to expect of this great land. But I have learned to love it. I love Guatemala. I love the culture. I love the people. It is an incredible, wonderful, amazing, beautiful place. People ask me if I´m sad, and I just tell them that there is no one on this entire planet that loves Guatemala more than me. I´m sad. It is the Promised Land. 

2 years ago I had a baby testimony of the truth. Now it´s a giant. It literally burns in my chest. I get all giddy when I think about the church. I know it´s true without a doubt. I know that Jesus Christ leads and guides the church through a prophet. Right now it´s a man named Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a prophet, seer, and revelator. A man chosen of God to be the prophet in these latter-days.

2 years ago I wasn´t sure if Joseph Smith really was a prophet. Now I know that one day in the Spring of 1820 he went and prayed. He knelt down and asked God a question. Which of all the many churches is the true church? God, our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ answered that young boy. They showed the world that They love us, They are the same yesterday, today, and forever. They gave us the opportunity to know the truth.

2 years ago I read the Book of Mormon. Now I feast from it´s pages. I apply it to my life, I learn so much. The Book of Mormon was translated by the power of God. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. I love it.

2 years ago I knew God was our Heavenly Father. Now I know that He lives. He loves us greatly. He wants us to be happy and He wants us to return to live with Him. I have felt His love, I know He listens to my prayers and He created a perfect plan so that we can be happy here on earth, and return with Him for eternity as families.

2 years ago I knew that Jesus Christ was important, that He suffered. Now I know that He is the Son of the Living God, Jesus is the Christ, the Great Jehovah, the Messiah, He is our Savior, and Redeemer. He took upon Himself all the bad we have ever

done and will do. He paid the price the justice demanded. He just asks that we be obedient and we will have mercy. Jesus Christ lives. And someday we will be resurrected and judged according to our acts. If we don´t repent, we have to suffer even as Christ suffered.
I know the church is true. I don´t doubt it. I feel it within me everytime I think about it. I love it. There are so many blessings waiting for us! Families are forever!

I love you all so so much. Thank you for the endless emails, letters, packages, love, and prayers. Thank you for all the sacrifices, and for the memories that will last forever. I love you more than you can imagine.

I´ll see you on Thursday!


Elder Jensen

This was our lunch yesterday. Meet Mommy Rosi, Axel, Michel, and Milton. Every Sunday we eat lunch there, but yesterday was just so special. I love them so so much!!! Plus cool pitchas with my companion... we were just so emotional when we saw that cake. hahahahaah I´m going to miss them SO much!


Here´s a picture with Cesar and his son! and the other on is with the dinner group. We eat dinner with them every Sunday! There´s Carmen, Susi, Amanda, Grandma Luz and Byron Josue.

No comments:

Post a Comment