Tuesday, February 26, 2013


hi hi hi..

How are you?? I´m doing good here. Dad, Corey, and Brooke, lucky you guyses (haha) that you got to move furniture... me too. And I will be doing more moving this week.... Right now the mission is preparing for the 40+ missionaries that are coming in about 3 weeks. They are buying furniture, getting houses ready, and all kinds of stuff.... Did I mention that they are sending us a senior couple too?!?!? cool huh?... This week the office sent us enough furniture for 10 missionaries that we had to unload it from the truck and shove it in a house. 10 beds, 10 box springs, 10 closets, 10 desks, 10 bookshelves. It was fun though.... Then this week Elder Villatoro and I are changing houses FINALLY!!! The house we live in is horrible. The new one is nice... I will send you some pitchas next week.




Not much happened this week. We are having a hard time finding all of our investigators. No one is ever EVER home... everyone wants to meet with us at 7 o clock at night... so we ALWAYS have something to do at 7... sometimes we have 2 or 3 things to do at 7. It´s not fun sometimes. We can’t really visit all the members and less actives and investigators as often as we would like cause we are just 2... Something has to change.

The good news about my area, the members LOVE us. The missionaries that were here before only visited one or two families. When we visit people they always give us something to eat, and we are never hungry!!! It’s great! They always give us food or morcaf or atol or something.

I don’t really have much to write. I wish I had a story or something... Yesterday I spoke in church. Our bishop called me and asked me to do it 2 hours before church started... It went well... I love speaking in church.... I was actually nervous at first because this ward is a lot bigger than my other wards, and it’s a real sacrament room... BIG! haha I was just used to a little one! But it went well. I love the members here. I think every area I have, I love the members even more!!

I found this big ol orange book last night about Christ and His Apostles in my house… I love it. It basically goes through everything in Matthew Mark Luke and John. I’ve just been skimming it because it’s way too big, but I love it. I started it last night and I’m already on chapter 16... skimming it of course. I love reading these days. I love learning about Jesus Christ. I know He is my Savior and Redeemer. 

I was also reading a Liahona or something and I got the revelation to write why I’m here, why I’m a missionary.. here it goes. 

I’m a missionary because God loves me, He has given me so much. I’m a missionary because I have a testimony of the true church on earth. One day in the spring of 1820, Joseph Smith said a prayer, a prayer that the enemy himself tried to stop. I’m a missionary because Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith, they talked, and through Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ restored His true church here on the earth. I’m a missionary because Christ suffered for my sins. Every single one of them. I’m a missionary because I love my Savior, and I know He lives. I love being a missionary; I love Guatemala, and the people here. I know the Book of Mormon and the Bible are the words of God. That’s why I’m a missionary, and I love it.

I love you all so much. I hope you have a fabulous week.

I sent some pictures that we took. After playing Elbol last week we took the picture with all of us and the ball because some missionaries had changes and we were sad. Then today we took pictures by El Palacio Maya... It’s just a building for cultural celebrations or something, I’m not really sure, but it’s cool..

Be good. With tons and tons of love from Guatemala,


No comments:

Post a Comment