Monday, March 18, 2013

Open Your Mouth!


Hello champions. It´s always a pleasure to write to you. It´s really fun being a missionary. I´m one. 

HOW ARE YOU!?!? I´m doing so SO good. I love my life. I love this gospel. I love the Book of Mormon. I love the Familia Alvarado. haha The Family Alvarado are basically the coolest/most perfect people on the entire planet. I literally love them so so much. They are amazing. They work in the temple here in Xela and they feed us food a lot and they help us be better missionaries and better people. The dad kinda reminds me of dad. and the mom kinda reminds me of mom... not a whole lot, but they are just the greatest. I love the people here so so much. Probably no one knows how my heart is about to explode when I think about it. They are so so special here. Enough of that for now. Lemme tell you about the dynamite of a week that we had...

So here in the mountains there are 3 zones. San Marcos (mine), San Pedro, and Rio Blanco. we are 36 missionaries in the 3 zones and this Wednesday there will be 10 more. 46 missionaries. cool huh?? Before there used to be 8 missionaries in the area of the 3 zones. Crazy how the work of the Lord is growing. Anyway... The zonies called us from San Pedro and asked us if we would help 2 of their missionaries get on the bus to Guatemala City at 2:30 in the morning on Tuesday, we said yes... (it’s a good thing I answered the phone, cause I think my companion would’ve said no) The reason they asked us is cause we live super close to the station where a million buses go to. So we got these patojos (kids) Monday night, and left at 2:15ish to go wait for the bus... We just left in sweatshirts and stuff ya know.... so we were waiting and waiting and waiting but the bus never came. One of the missionaries was sick too and puked all over the road hahahahahaa. Anyway we get this feeling we need to walk to the park, which is like 5 blocks away. We get about halfway there and we see a couple walking. We ask them about the bus and they told us it passes at 3:15  in the bus place where we were, so we walked back with them. We got to know them a little and we were just joking around and being all cold and stuff. Then a little voice said, "contact them." Umm... I didn´t have my agenda, pen, or even a TIE! But we contacted them, put a cita, and the bus came. The bus was actually running late, and now I´m realizing as I´m writing this that it was late so we could talk to them.

So we went to the house on Thursday. THEY ARE THE GREATEST!!!!! Otto and Marleny. They have a daughter named Jennifer too that’s 7 and the cutest. We taught them the Restoration and they said they felt like it was the truth, and that it all makes sense. We also taught them last night with the Fam Alvarado (that’s why they were on my mind haha) But we taught about the Book of Mormon and they totally accepted it and they are progressing so so well. We have found a chosen family to receive the truthfulness of the gospel. 

I love this gospel. I love being a missionary and having experiences like this one!! Please pray for this family. They are so so amazing. Also we need some super prayers for this Saturday. We have our Book of Mormon activity planned. We have been to every member’s house; we have given them books to give to their friends, now we just need everyone to come. Everyone is so excited, plus we are ready to see some miracles.

I don’t think I’ve said it enough but, I love being a missionary. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, my Redeemer. I’m forever grateful for  the sacrifice He did for me. I´m a representative of His true church here on the earth. My name is Elder Jensen, and I´m a missionary. So happy and blessed and healthy and loved.

I love you all so so much. Be good and ALWAYS OPEN YOUR MOUTH. Even at 3 in the morning. Every time is a good time to share the gospel. And if you can´t open your mouth, be an example. 

I love you!!!!!!

PS today I saw some little goats and I loved them!! There were 2!! I was scared to get close cause the mommy was there… but she was a sweetheart. She only said "bwaaaahhh" when we picked up her offspring.

-- 

No comments:

Post a Comment