Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Recent Convert Baptizes His Brother



Well hello there.

Another week down and I can hardly believe it. But it sure was a good one.

When I started the mission everyone told me that when you start having a lot of time in the mission you are just always tired and your body is just worn out.... I didn’t believe them, but now I do. Oh man I’m just a tired boy. Plus it had been raining SO much we have been soaked all week... its actually pouring right now too. Its makes it cooler here, but its just all wet.... I don’t know why haha.

We had a super good week. Working hard to try and find people. We found a super SUPER Catholic lady that asked us why we wanted to be missionaries, and basically we just shared our testimonies and she said we would be excellent Catholic priests.... haha it was actually a cool experience.

This week we did divisions. I went to San Sebastian with Elder Jones. I was his first district leader, then I was his Zone Leader in San Marcos, and here we are together again. Kinda weird but its all good. It was fun. We found a super awesome accepting family. There are always miracles on divisions. Then we got back to my house to end divisions and we walked in the house and there was President Ruiz just waiting patiently. He was ready to go work with us. I don’t remember if I told you but during the leadership meeting he had a slip of paper with all the zones on it and he took ours out of the stack! It was a good day. We basically contacted a lot cause we have been trying to find people. I learned a ton of stuff. Here in Guatemala we have the same conversation all day long. If I ask the people a question, I know exactly what they were going to say. EXACTLY! They say the same thing no joke, but President was so interested in everything and everyone, and that reminded me about an Elder Jensen about 2 years ago. I want to be like that again. He looked at everyone like a child of God. We had some good contacts and a good lesson with an old guy that didn’t even want to talk with us at first but he completely changed!!! Amazing how the Spirit works.
 
We are having problems with Manuel and Damaris. We don’t know it we should drop them or no. It’s a major rollercoaster!! 

I need lots of prayers over here. We need people to teach and I need to stop thinking in the house so much. It’s tough; I only have a little left and I wanna finish strong. I cant believe its almost time, but there is still time to work!!

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's Kingdom on earth. I don't have a doubt about it. I know it's true. We are only on this earth for a little bitsy of time, and it's our responsibility to do everything we can to get better and choose the right, then we have an eternity to think about everything we did. My wish is that every single person I know would be faithful in the church, read the scriptures, pray always, and choose the right. There is NOTHING more important than following God the Father, and Jesus Christ the Son. I know They live. They love us, and want us to return with Them someday. 
 
I love you so much. Enjoy the pictures. Us with Pres. Ruiz, tired Elder Quiroz and me in the weekly planning session, and the super rain!!! By the way, I'm completely soaked in that picture.

I love you!!!!!!!

Elder Salas just sent me this, its Adolfo (my convert) baptizing his brother!!!
This was the Saturday right after changes.... true joy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment