Monday, August 12, 2013

Crazy Week


Well hello there.    




I sure did have a crazy week I don’t believe it's Monday once again. I'm just kinda shocked about what's going on and everything in my life.... holy cow my mission has gone by so fast. All right so...

Tuesday - we had our leadership meeting. It was really really good. I love Pte. Ruiz. He has so so much energy and tons of plans for the mission. I hope you enjoyed the picture he sent you and the letter. I hope you understood it. haha but He did that with all the leaders. He is an amazing man and I love his wifey too. 

Then Tuesday at night we had our meeting with the Stake Pres. and Pres. Ruiz and us. Those are always great. Just so the Stake and the mission are working hand in hand. Pres. Ruiz was very impressed with our Stake President, and so was I. He is an amazing person and so willing and ready to work. The Stake has a lot of challenges, but he is the one to pull it out of the mud that it's in. 

Wednesday - We helped clean a lady's yard; we did it pretty fast since we are pretty good at chopping weeds with a machete. Then we started divisions. I stayed in the area with Elder Tenney from Arizona, on of the district leaders here. We had a good day and a good lesson with Manuel and Damaris, (I think I told you about them right?) Anywho, it was a good day.

Thursday - We had our zone meeting and our stake president showed us with bags of Taco Bell for the companionships that baptized 2 families last month. Then we played a game. He tied a ring of keys to six strings and then 65 missionaries were facing outward holding the strings and there was someone directing them to get the keys in a cup. It was really fun. At one point he made my companion and me direct the game, I had my back to the group and my companion was whispering in my ear what to say. He was the only one that could see the cup. It ruled!!! Everyone loved it.

Friday - A lady in the ward called us to help her load a bunch of stuff in a truck cause she was moving, it was fun, but we couldn't be there for very long cause we had to go help some sisters in our ward with an investigator that they have. The sisters trust us so much; they always ask us for help and stuff. They are humble, and that's why they have success. It's awesome having sisters in the zone; especially the 10 we have (so many sisters!!!!!)

Then we helped the same sisters make a million cupcakes for their activity that they had on Saturday, It was pretty fun plus they were tasty!!!

Saturday - We went to help some other sisters that their investigator was building a step to get into his house. We dug a little hole, put blocks in there, dirt, and some concrete. It turned out good but I got a bit sunburned. Then we helped the sisters with their activity, it was an activity of 2 wards and it was about the plan of salvation, they had rooms decorated as the kingdoms of glory and games and a bunch of stuff!! Really cool!

Sunday - church.... it was wayyy good. Damaris went to church and loved it!!!!! It was a REALLY good sacrament meeting, so quiet and a little odd cause I'm used to loud!! but it was so good, I leaned tons.

We were so tired after this long week, I'm sure I forgot some good stuff, but there's the basics. I love serving, and I love being a missionary. It's so so SO hard not to think about you guys every second of every single day. I can't believe I'm almost done with my mission, and I'm just a little shocked about my travel itinerary. I dunno if I'm ready for this... but I can't wait to see you and get to know Oakley.

This week I studied a lot about the plan of salvation. I want, with my whole heart and every fiber of my being, to get to the Celestial Kingdom with every single one of you. It's time to do your part so we can be there together. There is nothing more important than going to church every week, reading the scriptures, and praying always. Do the changes you need to do to be able to receive the blessings that God has waiting for you.

My companions dad sent him a story about eagles that he read to me - Eagles live to be about 70 years old. But when they reach 40 years old their beaks, claws, and feathers are all worn out. They can either sit there and die, or go to a nest close to a rock wall. What they do is beat their beak against the wall till it falls off, then when a new one grows back they pull off their claws one by one, then they pull of their feathers when their claws have grown back. After 5 months they are a new eagle, and can live up to 30 years more. It's never too late to change, to eliminate the things from our lives that hold us back, and we can always receive forgiveness of our sins. God lives and He loves us. He also wants us to return to live with him. Do what you need to do today to live with Him once again.

I love you so so much, and that's why I want to live together forever. Enjoy these pictures of my life, and I hope you have an amazing week!! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment