Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Seasons Greetings!

HELLLLLLOOOOOOOO FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and everyone else!

Well... another week down, and it was a good one. Of course... Here is a summary of the week - it rained, I walked, I spoke Spanish, we did divisions, I studied, I slept. (the life of a missionary.. I think)

Good things happened this week. We are finding people to teach, teaching them, and they progress. It is fabulous!!!!

Tuesday - We had a conference with Elder Gavarret of the Seventy. He isn´t in our area presidency or anything, just passing by. It was super good. I sure do like conferences. Then we ate Dominos. Another great part of conferences.

I actually don´t really remember what he talked to us about, but I know it was awesome. His wife was awesome too. As always President Maravilla and his wife were awesome. Elder Gavarret told us that we are pretty lucky to have one of the best mission presidents he knows. He´s a good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday - We had the baptism of Javier. My little friend in the ward. At first we couldn´t find clothes for him. The ward has clothes, but there weren´t any for him. So we spent some time looking for that... Then had a super short baptisimal service. It ruled. I felt pretty lucky to be there.

Thursday - We did divisions, I sure love divisions. I went to San Felipe, the Zone Leaders area, with Elder Taufu'i. Fun stuff.

Friday - We did divisions, I sure love divisions. I stayed in San Luis, my area, with Elder Apaza. Fun stuff.

Saturday - We taught a super awesome lesson about the Book of Mormon, and sat back and watched the Spirit do the work. At the first part of the lesson, the lady said she wasn´t going to change churches or anything. By the end of the lesson, she said she just needed some time. So we left her with the Book of Mormon, so she could read it!!!! Cause guess what?? The Book of Mormon is true, it is the evidence of everything, and I love that book.

Sunday - We brought a lot of people to church. We had 15 less actives in church. Two families that haven´t gone for a while and others. 10 minutes before Sacrament meeting, the first councilor asked us if we would speak... and so we did. My first time speaking in church on my mission. It went quite well. I spoke on prayer...... I got up to start my talk, and the first thing I said, "¡Buenas noches!" Such a lame joke, but the people sure loved it... dumb gringo. But my talk went great. I don´t remember having to think about the words or what I was going to say, it just came out. I sure was blessed with the help of the Spirit.

This week when I was on divisions in San Felipe, something just clicked with my spanish. I don´t have to think about the words as much. I can listen better, I can aswer questions. Oh my I have been blessed with the Gift of Tongues a lot this week. It´s the real deal. I feel way way more confident with my Spanish, it makes me excited. It really is a miracle to have 6 months of learning a language, and being fluent. I CAN SPEAK TWO LANGUAGES. I dunno, it still makes me all giddy inside.

We are working hard to get baptisms this month. With one week left we are visiting all our possibilities everyday. Tomorrow we are making brownies with a family. I love being a missionary.

I love you all so much. All I want you to know is that I know this church is true. We don´t have to worry about much if we are on the right track, if we are choosing the right. Stay on the path, the straight and narrow. It is such a better way to live!!!! One example we like to use when we are teaching about the Sabbath Day is, each week we sin (so we put books on someones hand) and need the Sacrament to help us (take the books away). But if we skip a week, two weeks, a month, (more books, more books, more books), we have tons of weight on us. This is a commandment from our Heavenly Father, GO TO CHURCH EVERY WEEK!!!!!!!!!!! I love this church so super much. It is the only true church on the face of the earth. The only church with a living prophet, seer, and revelator. (take 30 seconds to think about those words).........................................................................
.......................................................                                                       ......................................................................................................................................Pretty cool huh? We are so blessed!!!!! I love you all, more than you can imagine.

With love from Guatemala, the motherland,

Elder Jensen



No comments:

Post a Comment