Monday, July 23, 2012

¿Que tal?


What´s up my fam??

What are you doing?

I´m doing super good this week!!! I sure do love being here. It is incredibly hard, but it is so worth it. This week we didn´t have much. Just normal days filled with teaching and recieving references that fall from the sky, literally... They are from heaven. 

Here in San Antonio we receive references without asking, and they turn out to be references of gold. The other day a sister picked us up in her car with her whole family, and we went and taught a partial family that we didn´t know existed. This family now will be baptized this Saturday. The wife is a member and the parents. But the wife´s husband and the kids aren´t. They are super humble and understand everything that we teach. I love teaching them because they are so accepting and I just know they can feel the Spirit. 

We also were contacting the other day and we found a place where the missionaries really haven´t passed by very much. We are going to start working there more. We found a lady with 15 kids......... FIFTEEN! haha she isn´t that positive, but she has 15 kids! plus one of her sons is married and has 3 kids, and they all live in the same house. 15+4+2=21 in one house. Everytime something happens like this, I realize how lucky we are. We each have our own rooms with our own beds. Bathrooms with toilets that flush. We can drink whatever water without worrying about getting sick, we each have a car and a cell phone. We have tile, carpet, and concrete. We have air conditioning!!!! We truly are blessed. Never ever take these things for granted. Please.

Also I want you all to remember that we have the true gospel in our lives. We have the map that will lead us back to live with our Heavenly Father. Some people are searching for that map, so they can follow it, and sometimes we don´t even follow it. First, FOLLOW THE MAP. Then FOLLOW THE MAP. We only have one chance to do all we can on the earth. Something that President Maravilla told us about 3 months ago that stuck with me - We want to become like Christ, but we follow Satan. It´s true. We say we want to become like Christ, but we don´t keep the commandments, we sin. I know we aren´t perfect, but we should try right??

I don´t really have special things to tell you this week. Nothing big happened. President came to our zone meeting on Tuesday and gave us all a juice and a little sweet bread thing. I´m sure lucky to have that man as my President. His wife super rules too. I´m so lucky to be here huh?? Yeah it´s hard, but I will be rewarded... hopefully with a hot wife AM I RIGHT!?!?!

I love you all so much!!!

-- 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment