Monday, September 24, 2012

Trials Make Us Stronger


Hello my dear family and friends.

Elder Jensen here, sitting in an internet cafe, soaking wet (its raining, suprise!).. But just reflecting and thinking about the things I want to write. I would say I just got done living the best week of my life, but it wasn´t all that great, but I learned more than any other week in my mission. Here it goes..

So lately (about a month) I have been in a funk. I have been stressed, without many desires to work, I stopped studying my Book of Mormon every day and I just wasn´t the missionary that I was, and want to be. It was hard. I felt stuck and I was just walked around town with a headache all day. But this week has changed my mission and my life!

In the beginning of the week nothing really happened that was that special, just working hard. But, Thursday we had a meeting with President Maravilla. That man is called of God, I know it. I love him so much. I always feel better after hearing him. He talked about agency and about how each one of us are sons and daughters of God. We always say that, but do we really understand it?? Do we really think and know and act like we are sons of Him and have the potential to become like Him?? Wow I was stoked. I love that man. Thursday was good, but it wasn´t the part where I learned the most..

I will take us back two or three weeks... There is this guy that is a friend of some members named Jose, and everyone calls him Chepe Cuchillo. Everyone in town knows him. We found out 2 weeks ago that he was a member of the church, and hadn´t gone since he had like 12 or 13 years. So we invited him and his son Chepito to church. So they went last week. It was awesome, they really liked it and the son REALLY liked it. Chepito is 12. So later we went to go talk to them both about the church, and we taught the son a little bit about baptism and they said they would talk about it between the two of them the decision they were going to take. After that we went back a few days later, and couldn´t find them until Friday in the afternoon, but they were busy so we just said hi, and invited them to church again, they said they were going to go. Then Saturday in the morning we found out the Chepito (the son) had been in a scooter accident and had died, along with another less active member that wanted to start going back to church again. Oh man I was super super sad. We went to the funeral Saturday night and supported Chepe and the other member family. Now Chepe Cuchillo is all alone, no more kids, and his wife died 8 years ago. Please pray for Jose. Super sad story, BUT every trial is for our good right?? What did I learn from this experience??

I learned that God loves us, each one of us. We are His sons and daughters. What President Maravilla talked about, is what I have been thinking about a lot, God loves us. He wants us to be happy and wants us to have the truth here on the earth. He gave us the Plan of Salvation because he loves us so much. We know where we came from, why we are here on earth, and where we are going. We never know when this life will end, WE NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR THE NEXT LIFE. Saturday in the morning, before we found out, I had studied Alma 34. I invite you to study it. God has a plan for us, everything happens for a reason. How would we feel if our kids stopped talking to us? Please pray to God, he wants to hear from you, he misses you and wants to bless you. We are so so lucky here on this earth that God has restored His church once again, so we have the fulness of His gospel and can reach exaltation one day. My heart is full of love towards these people and towards you. Please be better than you were last week, and continue to be better every week. Poco a poco we can become better, all you need to do is start somewhere. I cannot put into words how blessed we are and how much I really love each one of you. I love you so much and miss you, but I never wanna come home. I had a dream last night that I was home, but I was bawling my eyes out. I hope you can be missionaries through your examples and testimonies. I seriously love you so much. Don´t worry about me, I´m healthy, happy, blessed, and I know the church is true. I feel like 2 Nephi 33:12. I just wanna drag everyone to church because I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps I dont know if this email even makes sense, I feel like I just spilled a cup of alphabet soup on the screen. Who cares, at least its in english right?!?! I love you

-- 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment