Monday, April 15, 2013

Deja Vu




Hello hello. There is a lot of fog outside and I want to send you pictures... but this computer isn't working. I think I might have to borrow my companions computer to send them.. He probably won't let me though. He is real mean. Just trickin. I love the guy. He is just so Guatemalan and SO ready to go home. hahaha he is leaving the 1st of May... but he isn't really that bad. I'm actually impressed. All he wants to do is work harder and harder. I'm alright with that. Well.... lemme tell you a little bit about my life. It's amazing.
 
I don't know if I've ever told you this or not but, I have a ton of deja vus. Like... a TON. At least 3 a month. Seems like a ton I think. They are the most vivid weird things. I love them. I had one today riding in the car of our bishop. It was so weird/dejavuy. I think I'm supposed to be here on the mission. haha
 
This week we had a conference with President. They weren't planning on doing it, but he wants the whole mission to know about his new calling and if we had questions and stuff, then he taught us some good stuff. He was in SLC Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, and Sun of the week of conference. he got back here to Guatemala Monday night. No one knew he left, and they actually configured his phone so he could call us and send messages and stuff. He was totally texting us last Tuesday. He said he ate lunch in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and recieved training in the the church office building. HAHA You guys were super close to him all week, lucky ducks. He told us a little bit about his experiences being trained by the 12 aposltes and the first presidency. amazing huh??? A sister that was here in the mission was taking pictures up in the JSM building of her wedding and saw him. He freaked out cause NO ONE is supposed to know he was there. Then later in the night he got a phone call from old elders that showed up to his hotel... then later in the week they had a mini mission reunion with about 60 missionaries. hahaha. he told us all about it and I loved the story. Sorry my version isn't that good. I asked Hna. Maravilla if she saw my plaque, but she told me she didnt even enter in the JSM building. She was doing other stuff. I forgot to ask pres... I'm sure he wouldve told me if he wouldve seen it. I love that man.
 
I love Barrio Maya.... That's my ward here. The members are so so amazing. I feel like they are trying to make up for the lost time with the bad missionaries that were here before. They feed us SO much. They are the most amazing people in the entire planet. My heart is just so full of love. I never knew it was even possible to love people so much. I can't even imagine how much our Heavenly Father loves us.
 
On Saturday we went to help the 2nd counselor of the ward clean out his flower beds. his Grandma is coming from the states and she always gets mad at them if they arent clean hahaa. Then they invited us to lunch. I was so full of food all day Saturday. Then yesterday another family invited us to eat lunch. We had a BBQ. One of the funniest/most amazing families ever. People love us.... and why shouldn't they??? hehe
 
Elder Villatoro and I came up with a plan to visit every mermber in the ward and show them a video called "La Expiacion y la Obra Misional" It's super powerful and I love it. We have had lots of good lessons and we are starting to get people pumped. We are also in the process of planning a piece of paper that the people can tape to the back of their door so when they leave the house they can be reminded to always share the gospel. ps look up the video. It's in english with spanish subtitles so you will be able to understand it... or just look for it in english.
 
Last night we had a good experience. We went to go visit a family where the dad isn't a member.... and is never home. But he was home last night. We tryed popping in the movie but it wasn't working, then we felt like there was a reason it wasn't working. HE WAS HOME AND WE HAD TO aprovechar..... (what does that mean in english... I totally forgot). But we taught him about eternal families and the daughters were crying and the Spirit was there and he started getting teary eyed. He is totally prepared. They have been married for some 22 -23 years. The mom has been a member for a long time and they have a some on a mission. We are going to help Marvin get baptized this month and help this family become an eternal family. PRAY FOR MARVIN PLEASE.
 
I know for a fact that God loves us. He sent His Only Begotten Son Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and He lives. In the year 1820 there was a boy named Joseph Smith. He had a question and wanted to know how he could be saved, and which church was true. He did something very simple. He studied the scriptures and prayed. God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ appeared to this Joseph Smith as an answer to his humble prayer. He was called as a prophet in this dispensation and this I know as a FACT. I do not have a shadow of a doubt. I know he was a prophet. Through him, Jesus Christ established His kingdom here on earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on the face of the earth. The only place where the familias pueden ser eternas. I love it. I'm so greatful for this time I have to be a missionary, a representative of Jesus Christ and defender of the truth. Not one day in 17 months have I regretted to be a missionary.
 
I love you all so much. I hope this letter helps someone out there gain a testimony of the truth. That's my goal, that the whole world knows about the truth.
 
Remember: Read the scriptures, pray always, and go to church, and everything will be ok. I love you so so much.

















1) All the fog today... this is in my area. We walk on streets like this all day long. I love it.
2) We were trying to start up the charcol yesterday for the BBQ... I wasn´t helping much
3) Her name is Dulce and she is the cutest thing ever. The 6 year old daughter of the amazing family where we ate yesterday
4) And finally the food with el hermano Boris. (The boss) this guy is sooooo rad.

I love you. Remember who you are and what you stand for.

No comments:

Post a Comment