Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Saw a Questzal!


Whats happenin my little quetzales?? (if you aren’t aware what a quetzal is, look it up and get with the program.... or just keep reading).

Today I had a once in a life time experience. I SAW A QUETZAL!!! Actually 3. They are the most amazing birds in the whole wide world. I saw them fly and soar with their long tail. They are so colorful. Included here are some pictures... the ones with the long tails are the boys and the girls have short tails. There is a protected refuge here in our zone. I LOVED IT!!! We had lots of fun and it was something different than the usual. I didn’t get the best pictures cause they are fast little buggers and when you get close they fly away.... the males anyway. The female just sat there and sat there.... lazy. I sent a picture with me and our guides too... the old guy knows everything there is to know about them.... when he got there is when we say two up high in the sky flying and playing I think.. They didn’t really want to get close to us though. they are shy.



This week we also went to Reu... Elder Villatoro took his English test so I just sat there for a little bit and then we went to eat with the zone leaders in the area. It was fun. I love missionaries. they are my friends..... except the ones that complain. (did I say that out loud??) oops hahahahahaha

We also are working a lot with the ward. We are still going house to house showing the video about the Atonement, it is working out well. The fam Alvarado (remember them?) They have a list of about 15 people that they are going to pray about and start inviting them to church. They are incredible. We had the opportunity this week to teach la noche de hermanamiento. Every Friday we have it... Night of something... haha its just a night so everyone had friends and learns.. but we showed the video to everyone there and the Spirit was so so strong. The members here are INCREDIBLE. We will soon see fruits. I’m so excited.

Another thing we did this week... we went contacting yesterday with the kids from Mission prep. We got so many appointments set for this week and I LOVE IT!!!! 
ummm.... Also our amazing bishop and his family invited up to a family night on Monday but he got stuck traveling, so we put it for Thursday, we went. haha this family is amazing. (I will send you a picture in another email) Their kids taught us in the family night and they are just special little people. Then they invited us to eat dinner on Sunday. Fried fish, fried chicken, rice, beans, and tortillas. It was so fun to be with our bishop and his family. He trusts us so much, and I love him so much. He is so willing to help us and he wants us to have so much success. I do too. I can feel it, success is right around the corner!!

I know that God lives. He loves us. He created such a beautiful planet with beautiful creatures and amazing people because He loves us. He sent His Son to die for us. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. He Lives. I love to be a missionary. I know this church is the true church of Christ. In it we can do ordinances with the priesthood so we can make it to like with our Father in Heaven one day. I love you so so much.

This week was jam packed with stuff and so is this letter... I hope it all makes sense and that I didn’t leave anything out!!!
 Dinner last night with our amazing bishop and his incredible family.


 Familia Miranda. They are the ones we had a BBQ with.... I told the wife I was going to send this to you and she told me to explain to you that she has her husbands coat on.... haha I LOVE THIS FAMILY.


Thats me on a bridge in the refuge place. So handsome.



 Elder Villatoro and me. Right when we started leaving the refuge, a whole ton of the thickest fog in the world just poured in... enjoy the picture haha






No comments:

Post a Comment