Monday, May 27, 2013


Hey Hey Hey!!!!!!!!!!

What's happenin??? I'm so so good. I had an excellent week. I love my life.

On Tuesday a lady in our ward called us and asked if we could move 700 concrete blocks up the road a bit so another lady could have her house built... Luckily she called on Tuesday cause that's when we have district meetings. So after the meetings all the 20 missionaries in the zone went and just started moving all those dang blocks. It was fun, but everyone was tired and a few newbies walked away with bloody hands. pobrecitos. I didn't snap any pictures, but some other missionaries did, I'll see what I can do to get them.

Thursday we had interviews with President. Did you know I love that man. He is incredible. Also his wifey. I went with Hna. Maravilla and one of the office elders to check all the houses in the zone..... Ours was the cleanest!!! Hna. Maravilla spent more time looking at all the ties than the house, and we ended the day with a whole bunch of ugly ones. It was really fun to get to know her more... she is hilarious by the way. Just like President. In the middle of the interviews President called us all in a room and taught us... more like a machete about obedience. It was excellent. It hurt, but it was good. I love the way he teaches, he is so powerful. Did I mention he is a Seventy? President Elder Maravilla hahaa. Every April he has to be in Salt Lake for the conference... I will get to see him at least once a year. I'm fine with that.

Friday we woke up at 4:30 in the morning and traveled to a little town called Flores then to a village called Villa Hermosa. (If you wanna look on the map Flores is by Genova Costa Cuca, kinda by Reu and Coatepeque and Colomba). Why did we go there?? Well here is the story -

Once upon a time there was a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Guatemala. His name was Elder Jensen. His companions name was Elder Reed. They were in a little village called San Luis. It was hot, rained a lot, and lots of mosquitos. But this Elder Jensen didn't mind. He like being a missionary and learning spanish. One day these two missionaries were contacting and they met a young teen named Lucita. Lucita like everything that we taught her, but Lucita couldn't go to church because her mommy didn't want her to go. Lucita was very positive, and Elder Jensen and Elder Reed were sad when they had to stop teaching here. The End.

Cool story huh?? haha... other story -

Once upon a time there was a girl named Lucita. She had learned about the Mormons and always wanted to go to church, but her mommy didn't want her too. One day she met a boy from Flores Costa Cuca. A land far away and she got married to that boy. Turns out that boy was a mormon and the missionaries found them and started teaching them. Lucita was baptized... but the elders were lazy and she never got confirmed... Time passed and Lucita had a baby girl. (how sweet). Then the missionaries in Flores found Lucita. They challenged her, and then explained to her that she had to get baptized again because she hadn't recieved the Holy Ghost. Lucita didn't understand why, and didn't really want to. Then Elder Lezcano heard an impression from the Spirit that said, "The first missionaries." Elder Lezcano then asked Lucita if she wanted Elder Jensen to baptize her, she said YES! Elder Jensen and Elder Nájera traveled lots of hours to this baptism, and Lucita wanted to be baptized in a river... so they did it. It was amazing. The End.

IS THAT A CRAZY GREAT STORY OR WHAT?!?!?! (The whole time I was writing that I was thinking about a storybook and a ladys voice was in my head telling the story haha) It was such a cool baptism. So special, peaceful, and happy. It is amazing how the people are prepared through different ways to come to the truth. Now her husband is active and they are happy.

I know this is the work of Jesus Christ. No one else. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I can repent and recieve remission of my sins through the atonement. I love this gospel. I know it's true. I don't have a single doubt. There is power in prayer. In the interviews with Pres. he taught me how he prays. He kneels down alone with a pen and paper, thanks God for everything, and then he says, "I have a problem with so and so. What can I do to help?" and he waits for his answer and writes it down. He told me and my companion to start doing it with the missionaries in the zone.

Did I mention we are going to the temple this week!?!?!?!?! I'm so happy and stoked. I can finally buy things I need too hahaha.

I love you so much. I'm never coming home. I don't really miss you. hehe. I have been so blessed by being a missionary. We are so blessed. You better be thankful for everything!! I love you!!


Elder Jensen


No comments:

Post a Comment