Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Temple

Hey you!! It's me again! Elder Jensen, ya know, the Guatemalan. 

Anywho, I hope you liked the pictures I sent. This week was amazing. I will forever remember it. 


It has been super rainy and cold here in San Marcos.  Like, super cold. My companion. Was sick with a cold last week, and like the nice companion he is, he gave it to me. I've never have a cold like this before. It was bad. Since Friday I have been talking all funny. I think my voice took a vacation or something because I just can't find it. If you find it let me know!!

The good news is- on Saturday we went to the temple!! We got up early and hopped on a bus and drove. The second we got off the bus I saw two kids from San Luis. Remember that place?? It turns out that the youth from my first stake were there. I saw my old cooks son and the Relief Society pres's son. It was fun to see them. 

Then I walked into the distribution center and saw my moms from San Antonio. Remember that place?? I saw about 6 sisters and the ward first counselor. It was fun to see everyone and catch up. Then we were about to enter the temple when the doors opened and out walked one of my converts from San Luis (picture) and her sister that an elder in the zone baptized after I had left San Luis. Remember Sandra?? She is the one on the right and Vilma is on the left. The girl in the middle was inactive when I was there. Sandra literally couldn't control herself and started crying, so did Vilma. This family is incredible. I made so many memories in that house teaching and sharing. I love them so much. They told me that their mom, who isn't a member, still talks about me, and remembers the old times haha. (If you can't remember these people look me up on my blog. They got baptized the last week of May last year.)  so we snapped a picture and say hi and bye, then walked in the temple. As I was standing in line to get my clothes there were a bunch of youth doing baptisms and exactly at the right moment appears out of nowhere Sandra's cousin that I baptized, Josué. He was in white and just smiling so so big. I was so blessed to be able to see people I love in the temple that day. People from two of my areas. I loved the temple so much. I was so sad when it was time to leave. I think it will be like that in heaven, surrounded by people you love and just happy all day. 

I know the temple is a sacred place. Where families can be formed into eternal families. I know the church is true. The power of God is on this earth. It's called the priesthood. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only true church on earth. I don't have a single doubt. It where we can find true happiness here on earth. And who doesn't want to be happy?? I've never once doubted being a missionary. I love it.

I love this land of Guatemala. It is so so special. I love the people with my whole entire heart. They are incredible. I love you so much. I hope you have an excellent week and you are always reading your scriptures, praying, and going to church. 

With a bunch of love from Guatebuena, 
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment