Monday, January 2, 2012

Ready or Not Here I Come...



Hi Family!!!!!

Guess what day it is??? Monday. Oh and tomorrow is Tuesday, do you know what that means???? I´m leaving the safety of the CCM into the lovely country of Guatemala!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!! Everyone that is leaving Guatemala, to serve, just left, so I have been bawling my eyes out!! (surprise, surprise) And I am no longer companions with Elder Hansen, He is going to Guatemala Norte so they put us with our mission. I am in a trio with these two kids I knew in the MTC. Just till tomorrow!!

So tomorrow we get up and leave at 8:30 in the morning!!! I am almost packed and everything. I seriously want to explode because I am so happy and I just want to baptize everyone. I have fire in my bones!!!!

So this week was great, we sat in class and learned things and stuff. That part was great. haha. The best part of my week though was something so simple and great, and the reason why I love Guatemala. There is an Elder here from San Marcos. San Marcos is in my mission, so I have made pretty good friends with him and he just tells me everything about that place. So one night he comes into my room and asks for one of my shirts so he could press it. I just kept saying no because accepting service is so hard for me. But I gave in, and he pressed my shirt and we just chatted and stuff. Such a simple act, and it just goes to show that the simple things in life are the best. They are what we remember. I love Guatemala. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My heart is going to explode cause I LOVE IT! I wish I could somehow express to you how much I love it!!!!!

So this week I have been working on developing Christ-like attributes. Each day I put a different one on the top of my planner, and when I focus on it, I start to see as Christ did. Just think about Christ, think about the sacrifice He made for us. We are forever in his debt. He is always there for us.

I also forgot to tell you about my Christmas Eve. I think.... I had the opportunity to give my first blessing. We had a Hermana in our district who was sick, and holy cow I was scared to death!!!! But I did it, and it was amazing!!

This reminded me of another experience when Elder Hansen was giving another Elder a blessing. In it he said, "Jesus Christ walks with His missionaries every day." Cool huh??

I have thought about my mission so much in the past few days, especially since I am getting ready to go.... This is my promise to you - I promise that I will come home with one pair of shoes and they will be trashed, I will come home with one shirt, and it will be yellow, I will have one tie, one belt, and an empty suitcase... maybe I will put a Guatemalan in there. I am going to work as hard as I possibly can. All I want you do feel is the joy that I have for being here. I don’t know Spanish, I don’t know the scriptures very well, but with the Lord on our side, anything is possible..!!!!!!!!!!! I love this work with my whole entire heart, I love this church. I testify to everyone reading that It is the true church, and through it we can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. This life is so short in the scheme of eternity, live life without regrets, pray always, be believing, and trust in the Lord. He is our rock, our foundation. Thank you for the sacrifices that you are making so I can be here. Thank you for the letters and the packages (I got the wards package, THANK YOU!!!) Thank you for your prayers. I promise our Heavenly Father listens to and answers prayers. If you even have a question about life or if this church is true, just ask. This wonderful church was started by one simple prayer, and now I am here in the best country in the world because of Joseph Smith, my best friend. }

I love you all so much, I love you, I love you!!!!!!!

Love,

Elder Jensen

(sorry if my letter is lame, I always feel like they are. I could use some feedback :) aka letters are fun to write and send and receive and read and stuff)

I love you!!
Retalhuleu Guatemala Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment