Saturday, January 5, 2013

Feliz Navidad!

What am I doing right now?? Watching a dancing Santa. It is so funny.

Well.... MERRY CHRISTMAS aka FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christmas is way happier in Guatemala.. there are tamales, dancing santas, everyone kills pigs and chickens, more fireworks than the 4th of July and 24th of July put together, parades at night, and no one is home! It is really great!!! 

This week has been a crazy one. We didnt teach as much as we wouldve wanted too, but it was still good. I just feel happy and all Christmasey and HOT!!! This is definitely the hottest Christmas in the whole world.

Guatemalan Christmas Traditions:

TAMALES

Everyone and their dog invited us over tonight for tamales. So I will let you know how many I was able to fit in tomorrow... TOMORROW WE GET TO TALK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am super excited!

This week we just kept pushing along, teaching people. This is the first time in my whole mission that I havent been suffering for investegators. Right now we are teaching about 5 or 6 families. The hardest part is getting them to church, but little by little they are progressing. Im so excited for the month of January. 

We found another family this week, Domingo and Sara. Domingo shines shoes, and he RULES! We are also teaching a man named Abraham. He is super super stuck in his church, and sometimes he fights with us, but he is studying the Book of Mormon and is praying. I love being a missionary, I love the Book of Mormon. 

My mind is literally scattered... I dont know what Im writing. 

This week we also had a branch Christmas party. We ate tamales and drank ponche (hot drink with just every type of fruit cut up in it). Santa also came!! (you bet he was dancing). Then the other day there was a parade at about 7:00 at night. pitch dark, but all the cars and everything had lights and there were about 7 dancing Santas. 

By the looks of this letter, it seems like we didnt work very hard this week, but we did. Dont worry. Im loving my time here in La Nueva. I never evver want changes. The people are amazing, we have good lessons with the Spirit. We find a lot of FAMILIES and they want to be families eternals. I love teaching families. We just have a hard time getting the people to church because its a little far. Pray hard for us this week so we can have families in church next Sunday!!!!!

I know that Christ lives, I know He loves us. I know His kingdom is here on earth today, and Im a representative of His church. The church is true. 

This week, cherish the things you have. Count your many blessings. Christmas is a time of giving!!! Find an opportunity to serve someone tomorrow. Take someone cookies, or SOMETHING! I will look to serve too. I love this time of year. Be happy, be good, and you will be blessed. 

I love you all so much, and I hope you have the very merriest Christmas!!!!!!

¡Feliz Navidad de Guatemala!
--
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment